Tuesday, November 25, 2008

There's something about a clean refrigerator...

How's that for a catchy title?  

This morning I cleaned out the fridge.  I removed everything (well, I didn't do the stuff in the door...I just realized I forgot that part).  Dismantled the shelves, washed them in hot soapy water, dried them, threw out the expired stuff and replaced the good stuff.  It looks so nice.

Lil Sis and I went out for lunch to celebrate our hard work.  She didn't really help, but she likes to celebrate.  We also got a few things at Wal-Mart and then went to our favorite grocery store to buy stuff to refill the fridge.  In the spirit of celebrating the upcoming holiday, I caved to Lil Sis's request to use the cart that looks like a truck.  She rode for awhile, then we needed her compartment to hold all the stuff and she was eventually ejected from her driver's seat.  She was very helpful in loading up the cart and counting gallons of milk (3) and cream cheese blocks (5).  I may have overdone the cream cheese, but I firmly believe that you can never have too much cream cheese in the house this time of year.  There's hash brown casseroles to make and dips, and cream cheese frosting for pumpkin bars, etc.

We bought a spiral ham (the smallest one I saw) and ordered a fresh turkey (12 lb) that we'll pick up on Saturday for our Sunday dinner.  We decided to make two meats this year.  Not sure why, we just wanted to have options.  I think we'll also have some leftovers.  We're cool with some leftovers.

Wow, when I began this post, I thought, what am I going to post about?  And now, I'm wondering, how can I babble about the refrigerator for this long?

Yesterday, when Big Sis unpacked her backpack after school, she showed me a turkey she had colored that was attached to a paper.  On the paper, she wrote "I am thankful for family and I am thankful for God and Jesus and friends and food and waddr".  I asked her what the last word was... it's 'water'.  I think that's a pretty awesome list.  Note to readers:  she goes to public school.  So I think this is extra cool!

2 comments:

Bennett and Ainsley said...

When can I schedule you to come clean my fridge?! Also, I agree about Grace's turkey paper from school...very cool!

Churlita said...

How scary am I? I got really excited to hear you were going to write about cleaning your fridge, because that's what I'm doing tonight. It's no fun to do, but it's always nice once it's done.