Friday, July 18, 2008

Pioneer Girl

Big Sis spent the last 2 days at Pioneer day camp. She made a candle, wrote her name with a goose feather dipped in ink, and milked a goat. She got bit by a kid (the baby goat variety) and cut and pinched her finger on something that she describes going up and down and then getting stuck. She's pretty proud of her injuries.

It rained most of the day today. Fortunately, Big Sis wore her raincoat all day. Her coat was muddy and her face was covered in chocolate ice cream. I'd call Pioneer camp a success.

Lil Sis and I hosted a fun play date today. We ate sweet corn and other good stuff. Days like today, I wish I had a bigger, more open kitchen. An island would be nice. Otherwise, I really like our house. The best part about hosting a play date? Having a clean house! We really need to do this kind of thing more often.

Next week is the county fair. It's a nice warm up to the state fair. We made hotel reservations for two nights in August. We plan to spend the night in Des Moines and get up really early and try and be part of a new world record corn dog chomp. We may go to Omaha to spend part of the day at the zoo and then return to Iowa for some more state fair fun. This may be the closest thing we get to a vacation this year. WhooHoo!


3 comments:

Churlita said...

Maybe I need to schedule a high school playdate to get my house cleaned.

Sincerely Iowa said...

I can't wait for the Iowa State Fair! Did you know that you can get in free the first day until 8:30 am?

Minyo said...

Jen,
Yes! We love the free stuff! Can't wait!