Thursday, June 26, 2008

Some people wonder why there's a bucket in my trunk...

I only have one interesting tale from the past couple days. Today, after story time at the library, we went to Wal-Mart and our favorite grocery store. As we opened the trunk to get out our re-usable grocery bags, I remembered that the car was sitting outside in the rain today. I grabbed the bucket that resides in the trunk, and held it under the left tail light to collect the rain water that would otherwise drip in the trunk. The girls were laughing about the car peeing.

A retired gentleman walked up to his truck parked near by and appeared curious about our activities. I told him we had a problem and the repair would cost $300, so we just decided to carry the bucket with us. He agreed that the bucket was a much more economical solution. He then added that it's a good conversation starter. He laughed and said he could tell others, "Hey, I saw a lady milking her car today!" So, yeah, I'm the lady that milks my car.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

That's kind of cute. It probably doesn't feel like it to you, but I bet the girls love talking about that story when they get older.