Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's the First Day of First Grade

The title sounds like the Veggietales song in the Jonah movie...I did that on purpose ;)






She's off to first grade. The first picture was the first day of kindergarten. This morning was much less stressful than last year's first day of school. She was a bit nervous prior to meeting her teacher and seeing her classroom the other night, but then she decided that first grade would be o.k. after all. The major change this year is a different bus number and a different driver. As long as she gets on the right bus, all will be well.

Below, you'll see just how relaxed and goofy she was feeling this morning as she waited for the bus. I asked her what she was doing...she said she's celebrating going to first grade.


So far, this morning has been better for Lil Sis too. She stubbed her toe when she got out of bed, but after she recovered from that, she's fine. In fact, we're going to watch "Jonah" (Veggietales) so we can hear the song I referred to earlier. A year ago, she was sad for a few days.

4 comments:

Churlita said...

Yea! What a trooper. She looks all ready to go. I hope she has an amazing first day.

Bennett and Ainsley said...

Great pictures of last year and this year! She definitely looks like and experienced and mature
1st grader now. I think I'll borrow your idea when I post Bennett's first day!

BB Logan said...

wow.
big sis looks like she's cool as a cucumber.
rocker.
whoooHOOOOhoooooooo!

John Deere Mom said...

Aw, so cute. I love first day of school pics. Super adorable!!