Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Ill Fated Attempt To Clean the House

Lil Sis: I'm having so much fun today!
Me: Why?
Lil Sis: Because I'm making a big mess! (loud laughter to follow)
I think I've lost control! I'm attempting to organize and throw things away today....we also call it taking control of horizontal surfaces. As I'm making progress in the living room and kitchen (slowly), the living room floor is being covered with game pieces...Memory, Go Fish, Candy Land, and a Little People fishing game. There would be another fishing game in this mix, if the pieces weren't soaking in soapy water.
Yeah, we had a wasp in the house and sprayed poison to kill it. Well, in our haste to kill the wasp, we didn't remove everything that was exposed to the poisonous fall out before annihilating it. The good news, we successfully killed the wasp. The bad news, I had to wipe down a lot of stuff that the spray dripped on. You see, the wasp was in the living room light fixture and ... well, I had a little lesson in gravity.
Fortunately, Snickers (who was also chasing the wasp) seems to be o.k. In fact, it was Snickers who alerted us to the wasp flying about the light fixture.
Hopefully we don't suffer any ill effects from spraying poison in here. I did turn off the A/C for the first time in many weeks and all the windows are open. It's a cool day and kinda nice to have the fresh air in the house.
Just last night, we moved all the games to a spot where the girls can have easy access to them, in hopes they'll play with them more often. I guess my wish has come true!
Oh, and she's still wearing her jammies! I think she's really getting into her element of being the only kid at home during the day.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

Good luck in your cleaning efforts. I don't miss those days of little plastic toys all over the floor. I don't care how well you clean, you inevitably wake up in the middle of the night and step on something.