Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Another Snow Day!

We woke up this morning as usual. I climbed in bed with Big Squirt to snuggle and gently wake her up. Little Squirt joined us. Then we heard noises. We thought it might be a cat, but was a bit louder than a cat walking around. We soon learned that Cool Daddy-O returned home from an attempt to get to work. Apparently, the road to work was "impassable", so after talking to a few buddies, they all decided to go to work later in the morning. We then learned that school was delayed 2 hours. We made eggs and toast and started getting Big Squirt ready for school, when we learned that school was cancelled for the day. Daddy-O went to work mid-morning and the girls and I had a lazy day. I even napped a bit in the afternoon.

We had homemade pizza for supper. The girls kept saying how wonderful it was as they were shoving bites in their mouths. Ever since I've started making pizza sauce from scratch, they like homemade pizza. It was always hit and miss before. The sauce recipe? Basically, it's a can of tomato sauce, a can of tomato paste, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp garlic, 1/8 tsp pepper, 3/4 tsp oregano, and about 3/4 tsp pizza seasoning. I also threw in a pinch of basil (actually I dumped the tiny bit that was left in the container). Well, that's the recipe as I remember it. Each time I make it a bit different based on what herbs I'm in the mood for.

Now, I'm listening to the Democratic debate. I'll be curious to hear the post debate commentary and see who the media thinks wins. Next Tuesday night should be interesting with the Texas and Ohio primaries.

My hope for tomorrow? School on time and as scheduled. Little Squirt has preschool and is taking the snack. She happily picked out Scooby-Doo dog bone shaped graham crackers to share with her classmates. Later this week it's supposed to get into the 40's! I'm soooooo excited!!!

No comments: