Thursday, February 21, 2008

I left the house!

Cool Daddy-O went on a mission to buy OTC cold/flu medication and tissues the other night when we were in the midst of our illnesses. We also needed bread and milk to prepare for the blizzard that was scheduled for the following day. Before he left, Big Squirt ran up to him and told him a secret thing to buy. I had a feeling this is what he would come home with, because when she and I were at the store the other day buying things for Valentine's Day, I hinted that daddy could buy me some for Valentine's Day if they went shopping together. It was nice to have our own bit of springtime in the house during the remainder of our home bound status. Thanks go out to Cool Daddy-O and Big Squirt for this wonderful surprise!

Today was an awesome, fantastic day! It was just a normal Thursday, but the beautiful thing about that was.....Big Squirt got on the bus this morning and went to school, Little Squirt and I went to mom's group, Little Squirt and I went out for lunch, we went grocery shopping, welcomed Big Squirt home from school, made supper, went to Daisy Scouts, returned home, ate supper, and now I'm vegging out! It was the first time since a week ago today that I got in the car and went somewhere. I still have a cough and runny nose, but compared to how I had been feeling, I felt awesome.

As I was driving to mom's group this morning, I realized that I had never been so sick for so long that I couldn't leave the house for a week. I was up on my feet after each c-section quicker than I was with this virus thingy I had. It was great to touch base with friends today. After comparing stories, I learned that lots of other moms and kids have had the same thing for the past week. Some even had it worse. So, today, I'm thankful that we had an average Thursday and that we're all getting better.

Oh, one other thing....since Cool Daddy-O did such a fine job nursing us back to health, while staying healthy himself, we encouraged him to buy tractor # 107 for his collection. He didn't waste any time and bought it yesterday on his way home from work (no wonder he got home late).

I guess if I ever start running out of material to blog about, I could do an entry on each tractor in the collection.

I'm playing with text colors and such tonight....trying to figure this whole thing out. Maybe someday, I'll get smart and type up everything in word and then just copy and paste here. That's for another day.

One more photo before I go. Big Squirt loves drawing on our big dry erase board and started requesting photos be taken of each drawing before it gets erased. Here is one of yesterday's works in progress....notice how much she's concentrating.....she says her teachers tell her she's going to be an illustrator when she grows up.....COOL! I especially think it's cool, because I can't even draw good stick people and never had any artistic confidence while growing up. In fact, I was usually ashamed and embarrassed by my artwork in school. I think we can attribute some of her skill in that we never encouraged her to color in the lines. In fact, she prefers to color on blank paper and create her own stuff.

No comments: