Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy "Pi Day"

Welcome to Friday and the beginning of the weekend. We've been searching for a lost library book for a couple weeks now. I talked with Big Squirt's awesome teacher and she found it in a pile of books in the classroom (books from the public library). So, we're off the hook and don't look like irresponsible people who lose library books in their messy house. Whooo! Now she can check out a new book today and bring it home. I promise to keep track of it!

Big Squirt and I had a discussion about the remaining snow this morning as we were waiting for the bus in the dark. There's still snow in the spots where there were huge piles. We now predict that maybe the snow will disappear by Tuesday.

Today's special holiday is the celebration of Pi....you know 22/7 or 3.142857143... Yes, I just did that on my calculator because I don't have it memorized like some of my friends who go around wearing it on T-shirts and stuff. So, to those of you who care....go eat some PIE (pun intended) and celebrate.

Today's goal is to fold "the pookie load" (aka the children's laundry). Yesterday's accomplishment was watching a few short on-line videos about blogging. It was quite informative for me as a new blogger. I know a little more than I did yesterday....that's always a good thing.

After school today, we will declare the start of SPRING BREAK! Now, we need to plan some fun events for next week.

adios

No comments: