Thursday, March 27, 2008

We're having fun now!

Today was a busy day. School, moms group, lunch, preparing for Daisy Scout meeting, buying supplies for meeting at Wal-Mart, picking up Big Squirt at school in the rain, going to story time, getting ready for scout meeting with Little Squirt's help, scout meeting, and Pampered Chef party. Whooo! I was glad to see the wine at the last event! Overall, it was a fairly good day.

As I was doing stomach crunches this morning and counting out loud, Little Squirt asked if she was in time-out and asked what she had done to be in time-out. I had to explain that I was counting how many exercises I had done, and she was not in trouble. It was kinda humorous.

After we picked up Big Squirt at school I was asking her to tell me about her day. As she answered I felt like I was in that new Tide commercial, where's there's a talking stain. Little Squirt was yelling gibberish as Big Squirt was talking. LS finally started screaming. BS and I both encouraged her to scream louder and louder. At one point, BS said "mom, if she keeps screaming like that she'll lose her voice"! I told her that was exactly what I was hoping would happen. We then resumed telling her to scream louder and that we couldn't hear her. Hee-hee-hee. Finally she grew tired of screaming.

At our Daisy meeting, the girls who attended completed 2 more petals by doing 2 crafts. We're half done with the petals now. It's kinda crazy, but it seems the girls are having fun.

Yesterday, we played outside a lot. After Big Squirt got home, the girls transformed the tower into a pirate ship complete with signs declaring: "we are pirates. we are mean. we are rich. we have a lot of gold." Unfortunately, the rain we had this morning demolished the signs. Seems they didn't weather proof the pirate ship like they did the doll house.

Tomorrow marks the beginning of the weekend. No big plans here, but I'm sure we'll find something fun to do.

1 comment:

Bennett and Ainsley said...

Nice jog of implementing our morning Mom Group learning so quickly by encouraging the screaming...I'm going to try it, too. You should earn some kind of petal for your perserverance!