Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day

We're all wearing our green today. For breakfast we carried out the tradition of green food...green pancakes and green eggs and ham. The eggs tasted a little weird today, so we just ate the pancakes. The girls liked the green milk too.

For lunch we joined some friends for a play date and ate some more green food. Both girls tried spinach from the salad for the first time. Big Squirt said it was "just o.k." and Little Squirt said it was "good".

This post was just interrupted by an important announcement. Big Squirt declared a pain when chewing. We then went and got a flash light...she laid on the bed and opened wide....yep....I think the six year molars are visible beneath the surface and one is getting ready to poke through. I think that's what's hurting her. It was kinda gross looking in there because she was eating an Oreo when she announced the pain.

There are still no loose teeth. We've decided to have a pool to guess when her first tooth will fall out. I'm guessing August and Cool Daddy-O is guessing February '09. Anyone else want to venture a guess? The winner can make a donation to the tooth fairy. Oh wait....shouldn't the winner "win" something? Maybe the winner can have the tooth if she wants to part with it.

The other night at supper we were talking about losing teeth and I told the girls I lost a tooth on the bus one morning when I was first grade. After I told them it was downstairs in my memory box, they couldn't wait to find it. While looking in the box, we found a bean bag I made in kindergarten, the lost tooth we were searching for, 2 of my wisdom teeth, and a recorder (musical instrument). We also looked at a lot of old family photos. They seemed quite intrigued. It was fun looking at all that stuff.

Tonight I have a meeting at my favorite coffee house....hmmmm....what to order.....perhaps an Irish latte to end the day's celebration in style.

1 comment:

Bennett and Ainsley said...

I'm saying Big Squirt's first tooth will fall out on Oct. 29, 2008. Maybe the dentist around the corner from your favorite coffee shop would sponsor this contest, awarding a complimentary teeth cleaning for the winner...wishful thinking!