Saturday, March 1, 2008

We shopped til she dropped...

Today was the big day for Little Squirt to keep her eyes open when Grandma visited. She was so calm this morning and seemed to be looking forward to her finger nails being painted as planned. Well, she melted in a ball on the floor when g-ma entered the house. Cool Daddy-O and I had threatened to leave the house if she did that today, so we headed out to the Big W store. We got the 4 things on our list and got out of there. When we returned home, Little Squirt was snuggling with g-ma. We call it progress....she still had her eyes closed, but at least snuggling happened and that was a HUGE step in our opinion. G-ma agreed to paint her finger and toe nails, despite continued eye closing. As soon as our visitors left, she returned to her usual self. What an odd kid :) She says that next week, she'll leave her eyes open....we'll see.
-
After eating some leftovers for lunch, Big Squirt and I headed for the capital city to search for some spring clothes and an Easter dress. We had great success at one store where she got a dress, a sweater to wear over it (since there will likely be a snowstorm on Easter), blue yoga pants with a matching shirt, 3 skort/T-shirt outfits, and 3 pairs of socks (have to have matching socks, ya know). We had a 15% off coupon, so that helped. We spent some time in a toy store playing with everything, buying nothing. Then we returned some cat food to the pet store and bought the kind they like. Big Squirt was amazed at the size of the chinchilla...I think she thought they were smaller.
-
She got to eat her favorite meal of macaroni & cheese with a side of lima beans at the Cracker Barrel. I had a pork chop, baked potato and green beans. The only bad thing was having to share about 1/3 of my pork chop. In return, I helped myself to a few bites of lima beans and macaroni. We each had a biscuit and then shared Coca-Cola cake with a scoop of ice cream. Big Squirt was so full when she finished, she came over and gave me a hug and told me her tummy hurt really bad. She rarely eats that much. She fell asleep in the car on the way home, listening to my new favorite CD by Robert Plant and Allison Krauss. I love their voices together. Another of my favorite CD's is another interesting mix of artists: Linda Rondstadt and Mark Knopfler.
-
I'm hoping to stay awake for a movie in a bit. Last night I fell asleep 30 minutes into Oceans Thirteen. I think Daddy-O and Little Squirt had a fun day too. They got to go out for ice cream... who doesn't have fun doing that?

1 comment:

Teresa said...

How cool! I have always read about blogs but never really understood what it meant.

It is neat to read about your lives since we are so far away and it is hard to keep in touch. I will have to mark this site and try to read every couple of weeks to keep up! Teresa