Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Too Good To Be True?

I have blisters on my hands from using a broom this morning.  I was helping a friend by cleaning the floor of a new building.  It was a good workout.  

Lil Sis has been her strong-willed self lately.  Otherwise, not much new here to report with the girls.

Yesterday, Lil Sis and I went to Iowa City for an oil change.  We returned some items that we no longer needed / wrong size / etc. and went to Target and started stocking up on little Halloween favors.

One thing we bought today (which seems entirely too good to be true) was a Halloween treat pack at McDonalds.  For a mere $1 (cash only) was able to purchase a little booklet of 12 coupons, each good for one of the items on the dollar menu.  Um, let's see, that's $12 worth of product for $1.  I'm still wondering where the catch is.  The small print says only one coupon per person per visit and they must be used between November 1 and December 31.  I thought it was a great deal.  I bought 3!  I might buy more later.

I agreed to be the room parent for Big Sis's 1st grade class.  Part of the responsibility is helping to organize the fall (Halloween) party, Valentine's Day party, and snacks during the Iowa Basic Skills testing week.  Between my trip to Target yesterday and the purchase of the dollar menu coupons, I have a great start on some awesome goody bags for Halloween.

2 comments:

Churlita said...

$1? Even I can afford that. I better hop down to McDonald's and get one.

Bennett and Ainsley said...

I saw the little ad on the drive-thru window for those coupons when I was at McDonald's recently. I thought I was reading something wrong because I couldn't believe that crazy deal. I think we should all by several coupon books and just keep them for ourselves!