Sunday, May 11, 2008

An Activity Filled Mother's Day

We traveled to Ames today for lunch. We realized as we were leaving that we would be arriving at Hickory Park at 10 minutes til noon. Not good. We drove through the parking lot and determined we could go have fun for a couple hours and come back later. We picked up some bagels for a snack.

Just to be nostalgic, we drove by the dorm where I lived. The semester just ended and we saw a lot of overflowing dumpsters. The red bud trees were in full bloom and beautiful. I think the Iowa State campus is at its height of beauty in May. In this photo, you can see Lyon Hall, red bud trees, and an overflowing dumpster (in the far left).



We also attempted the three geocaches we hadn't located VEISHEA weekend. We STILL can't find them. However, after I got home tonight, I figured out the coordinates for the mystery cache I was trying to solve. Now I'll just have to go back there again some day.

Our lunch at Hickory Park was delicious as always. The girls opted to get nickel candy instead of ice cream. So, they had dessert for 30 cents.

To add more to my Target story from yesterday, I noticed that 2 of the items I purchased were in this week's sale ad. I received $2.14 credit. We then spent just under $3 on drinks and received a coupon for $2 off the hair color product I buy with the receipt. Gotta love Target!

Snickers is sitting on his "roost" on the back of my chair as I'm typing. He's keeping my neck quite warm. He continues to make nice improvements.

2 comments:

Bennett and Ainsley said...

I'm thinking a few of us should leave the kids with the dads some time and take make a Mom's Target Run, just for fun. It is truly the greatest place to shop on the earth!

Churlita said...

Sounds like a perfect day. Belated Happy Mother's Day.