Monday, May 5, 2008

Little Sis attains new personal record

It's currently 12:07 a.m. (approx) and Little Squirt is still awake. I attribute it to a couple of things. First, she's anticipating me leaving tomorrow (Tuesday) morning and not returning until Wednesday night. This will be the first night I've spent away from Cool Daddy-O since we were married in 1996. I'm going to be helping my cousins prepare for an estate sale. It's an overwhelming task, and I decided to help for a couple days. Due to the 60 mile distance from home and the price of gas, I'm going to spend the night at my brother's house... incidentally, I'll be sleeping in my childhood bedroom.

O.K. Back to my story...I got a bit side tracked there. Sorry.

Little Squirt and I did our regular Monday morning and noon routine. After lunch, we went to the "gray park" walked around a tree again looking for a geocache. Didn't find it. I had started wondering if the robin was fake and it was the cache. However, when we returned, it was facing the other direction. So, either someone is playing a cruel trick on me, or that isn't the cache.

We then played at the wooden playground for awhile. While we were swinging, I remembered I had a girl scout meeting tonight to prepare for. I also remembered that we were making mother's day presents at the meeting. So, off to Dollar Tree to buy some tissue paper. After that, we went to a garden center / flower store to check out the annuals and perennials. Little Squirt began her "melt down" there. When we got home, she insisted she couldn't walk and proceeded to have a 30 minute tantrum. She ended up falling asleep on my lap within 5 minutes of picking her up. She slept 1 1/2 hours or more. Side Note: she hasn't taken a nap in well over a year.

She's still pretty happy, although it's obvious she's getting tired. She's lying on the couch with "blankie' and watching HGTV. She also recently remembered her show and tell for Wednesday is a picture of mommy. I found a picture of her, daddy, and me that was taken at her birthday party. She's holding it now.

Every once in awhile, she says she's going to miss me and has been following me from room to room as I pack my things. I'm trying to prepare for all scenarios... extra clothes (I fell in the mud the last time I was there), weather radio (severe weather outbreak is possible tomorrow), etc.

Not sure if I'm being coherent or not. It is after midnight. Like I said in the beginning, there were several factors contributing to this staying up late by LS. Mid afternoon temper tantrum, anticipation of missing me for 2 days/1 night, and a girl scout meeting that big sister gets to go to. It seems she has a rough time every afternoon there is a meeting as I'm preparing for it. Another year and a half and she can be a Daisy too. It's tough being the younger sister.

Big Squirt has been asleep in her bed for a few hours now. Little Squirt, Cool Daddy-O, and I (mommy squirt) are going to turn in soon. We're going to let her snuggle with us for awhile as she falls asleep.

That's all for now. Cool Daddy-O is now talking to LS about all the fun stuff they're going to do tomorrow.

Good Night.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

She's quite the night owl. My oldest daughter insists that my youngest has it the best, because she got to do things at an earlier age than my oldest. There's always a trade-off on the birth order thing.