Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Two Days Ago

I just downloaded my photos from the weekend. I had forgotten about the fun we had on Monday. After lunch, we headed to town in search of an elusive geocache. After searching in a tree, up, down, in and out, all around, we gave up. Fortunately, the tree was very close to a pond, which happens to be very close to the elementary school.


On Friday, Big Sis and her kindergarten class visited the pond as part of their unit on frogs. They released tadpoles and tasted cat tails. She said they were good and a little spicy. She also expressed she did not get a chance to touch a tadpole and she wanted to touch one. All we had was a stick, so she settled for stirring the water with a stick and seeing them swim around.
We continued walking around the pond and soon saw two boys. They were carrying nets full of tadpoles. They had caught them in the pond and were releasing them. I asked them if Big Sis could hold one. They were very kind and handed her one.

As we finished our walk, we saw three goose families swimming around. It brought back memories of my elementary school days and visiting the pond near my school. I'm glad our girls will have this pond to explore during the next 6 years or so. We have a cool county conservation naturalist that makes learning fun for the kids too.
-
We finally ended up at the playground. We have a cool playground too. Lil Sis especially likes sliding down the pole. It is really high and she's been doing this all year. It makes me nervous, but she's quite confident. The part I find unusual, is she's afraid of similar poles at our city park, even though they're lower off the ground. I think it may be the horizontal distance to the pole from the platform that's the issue, rather than the vertical height.

We eventually returned to geocaching on the trail. We looked for three more, but only found one. At least we got some much needed exercise on Monday.

No comments: