Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bubbles, Bubbles, Everywhere

WARNING: The following post may be less than dramatic and filled with flowery, bubbly talk.

The most exciting thing we did today was blow a million bubbles. Yesterday, the wind blew the bubbles away and the girls chased them around the yard. Today, the wind was calm and we watched them float up, down, around, and finally blow away or pop.

It felt like it was going to rain all day, but it only sprinkled once. I surveyed all the perennials today. The tulips and fern leaf peonies are just beyond their peak. The lilacs are reaching their peak. Most of the blooms are above my head and I can't get a good whiff of them. The peonies and irises are looking great. We'll have some nice colorful flowers in the next couple weeks. I trimmed off the dead parts of one of our dwarf burning bush. Thanks to those nasty rabbits, a few branches were dry and crispy. There is some nice growth coming out of the bottom branches and it shows promise of surviving. The other burning bush looks good despite being chewed on.

O.K. I don't have anything exciting to say today (in case you haven't already figured that out). I just noticed that I've been posting at least once a day since last Thursday and I'm going to try and go a week without missing a day. So, if I have to have a boring post, so be it.

While baking tonight, I noticed we're critically low on our supplies of flour and cocoa. We're also out of Diet Pepsi, chocolate milk and orange juice. Guess where we're going tomorrow after lunch?

Also, I think I'm going to be referring to the girls as Big Sis and Lil Sis from now on. I noticed my blog is getting visited by people that probably aren't looking for a "family friendly" blog when they Google the words I've been using for them. :)

1 comment:

Churlita said...

Sounds like a good idea. Some google searches can turn my stomach.