Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yet Another Nice Day

A few hours ago, this flower was quite droopy. Yeah, not good. Little Sis and I determined a cold drink of water would be the answer. And it's a good thing. After watering the plants on the porch, we ventured to the back yard. Oops...things didn't look so good there, either. We simulated a brief shower for the garden. The tomato plants look like they'll live, after all.

I spent much of the afternoon organizing all the preschool and kindergarten papers that came home recently. Our "horizontal surfaces" (aka counters and other places that collect paper) were in bad shape. Things don't look a lot better, but I did throw away and organize a lot of stuff today. However, while I was doing that, the girls drug out more toys and now it looks like a tornado went through the living room, destroying Little People land. I will continue this project tomorrow. And. I. Will. Win!

The school was spared from the tornado.
However, the minivan suffered major damage.

Before we could make supper, we had to run to the grocery store. We were only gone 30 minutes (we were moving really fast in the store) as we had to get back before Big Sis got off the bus. We had to go before she got home, so I could get started on supper. We ended up stocking up on the essentials, even though we only had mushroom soup on our list. I actually cooked a yummy meal for supper, too. We had baked pork chops with a mushroom gravy sauce, baked potatoes and corn casserole.


Upon arriving home after school, Big Sis declared today to be the worst day ever. Her 7th grade buddy visited today and they were playing basketball in P.E. She said they were playing and all of a sudden she was hit in the cheek with a basketball. I gave her a hug to console her. I also told her she was lucky the ball didn't hit her in the nose. I told her that would have hurt even worse. (Yes, my glass is half full.)


Tonight, while Cool Daddy-O was cruising the neighborhood in the old John Deere, the girls were running on the concrete driveway. Note: they've been warned it is not safe and it would hurt really bad if they fell. Well, Big Sis fell. As she was crying big crocodile tears, little sis was crying sympathetic tears. She was scratched up, but barely bleeding. We sat and snuggled on the porch steps. We talked about what happens when running on concrete and falling down. Little Sis soon arrived carrying baby wipes. She wanted to help Big Sis get all cleaned up. We managed without band-aids.


After Cool Daddy-O returned, he and the girls pulled a bunch of weeds. Big Sis kept declaring her super strength when she pulled the weeds up by their long roots. We're very happy the girls like pulling weeds and are taking full advantage of their enthusiasm, because we know it's just a phase they're going through, and all good things must end at some point.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

Oh, poor baby. I hate it when they have bad days. I wish I could experience it for them.