Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'll spare you the photograph of my morning so far

Little Squirt and I had to take Snickers (aka the sick cat) to the vet this morning. I knew it was bad when I called the clinic at 8 a.m. and after explaining all his symptoms, they asked me to come in at 9 a.m. To make a long story short, I'll just use a few descriptive words, but not go into the really gross details. Not eating. Not pooping. Vomiting. Stinky. Poop stuck on butt. Hard poop. Shaved butt. Swollen anus. 105 degree fever. Pain medication for 3 days. Antibiotic for 14 days. Subcutaneous fluids at clinic. Expect diarrhea for 3 days. Hope for some kind of BM in 24 to 48 hours or call on-call vet. Hope appetite returns by tomorrow. Hope he's back to normal in a few days or we go back for more testing. All for the bargain price of $85. Sad, sick, mopey cat. Sad family. I explained to the vet that Little Squirt is his person. We don't want to spend a ton of money, but he is a valued member of our family despite the fact that he gets mad sometimes and doesn't use his litter box appropriately.

2 comments:

Bennett and Ainsley said...

Yikes! Poor kitty. You leave town for a couple of days and it all falls apart! I'm sure my kids will be praying for Snickers tonight at dinner and bedtime, hoping that he will make a speedy recovery. I hope your time away was productive and pleasant. I'm sure your family is glad to have you back!

Churlita said...

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I know how hard it is for little kids to deal with sick pets too.