Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kindergarten Field Trip

Today was Big Sis' fieldtrip. They toured a grocery store, went bowling, ate a sack lunch, and played at the park. Lil Sis and I joined in the fun for lunch and playing. We met up with them at the bowling alley and were saddened to learn Big Sis wasn't having fun bowling. A couple of lanes had bumpers and she was in a lane next to the bumper lanes. She was really frustrated about her repeated gutter balls, as she was watching some classmates knock over pins with every throw.

I guess we need to go bowling as a family some time. I haven't bowled since I was about 15. I had such a bad experience (I think my score was 29 or something bad like that) that I've not played again since.


She had a blast at the park, though. Unfortunately, the fun ended early due to raindrops. The kids whose parents were there were allowed to go home for the day. We decided to stay and play at the park a bit longer. It was really just sprinkling. We decided everyone else was just wimpy. Little Sis continued practicing her new trick.

Before we left, I let the girls climb to the top of "the rocket". Big Sis said her teacher wouldn't let them climb it, but the other kindergarten class was able to. I explained to her why her teacher had that rule. Then I let her go up as long as she agreed to help Lil Sis down. Lil Sis has a rule that she can only go to the very top if Big Sis or another responsible big kid is with her. It's the climb down (vertical ladder with 4 or 5 rungs) that makes me more nervous than the climb up. Big Sis did an awesome job of making sure Lil Sis got down safely. By this time, another group of children (upper elementary aged) from a different school district were getting excited about the rocket also. After going down the slide a few times, we went home too.

The white rectangular shaped object is the top of the slide. The girls are looking out of the top. Yeah, it's way up there!

Home was nice. We popped popcorn, watched a Veggietales movie, and then they watched the Barbie Island Princess movie while I fell asleep on the couch. All in all, it was a pretty good day, despite the bowling disappointments.


1 comment:

Churlita said...

It sounds like a great day...Especially that nap you were able to squeeze in.